Monday, May 17, 2010

I love being a mom

I was thinking the other day how time just zooms by. This time last year I was still pregnant with the twinkies and anxious to meet them. My whole pregnancy dragged because I was so anxious to hold them. It just felt like forever. People kept on telling me that time flies and that I needed to enjoy all the free time. Well, it's true. It seems so crazy that it's been already six months since their birth. I see them and can't even believe it! It seems like yesterday I was holding them for the first time and crying because my heart was overflowing with so much love I didn't know how else to express my feelings. You know, I still feel that way. My heart is and will always be overflowing with so much love for them. I can't imagine my life without them. Even with all the running around that comes with motherhood I wouldn't change anything in my life. On Saturday I went out to my brother's house for the day and it took me a good two or more hours to get everything ready to leave. It's funny as I was walking out of my house with two car seats and the diaper bag I couldn't help but smile. I said to myself as much work as it took me to get everything ready it is so worth it. Every night before I go to bed I get the same feeling. As much work as it takes to be a mother I would do it double or triple just to see them smile. Just to see their face when they see me get home from work or when I walk over to check on them in the mornings. It's a feeling I can't explain but as hard as it may seems sometimes to be a parent. I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment